More prime leisure locations in Antwerp and Bruges
Vabeld has purchased its third property on the famous De Keyserlei in 2 years.
Five Guys having opened earlier this year, works on De Keyserlei 43 have started with the objective of having our tenant, Boulangerie Paul open before year end. Still a bit further towards the station, Vabeld has now acquired another property let to Boston Steak house from an private owner. It underlines our belief in this location as a solid leisure location for the future. Furthermore, Vabeld has also already concluded a smaller fourth acquisition on the De Keyserlei, for which more details are to follow at a later time.
In Bruges, we were able to buy Simon Stevinplein 12 from a professional retail investor. The unit has been rented to Otomat, the pizza chain serving pizza based on dough infused with beer which opened already in Ghent, Antwerp and Leuven. Fit out works are underway and the opening is scheduled for July.
In addition to 2 restaurants, Vabeld also acquired 2 hotels in the first half of the year.
In Antwerp, we purchased the Quality Inn from a private owner operator. The hotel has 47 rooms, is located very close to the Operaplein and a minute away from the famous Meir/Leysstraat and has a 4**** classification. The hotel is now let to a private operator which already rents another hotel from us but still under the Quality brand, which is part of Choice Hotels, one of the largest hotel brands in the world.
Finally, in Bruges again, we acquired Hotel du Grand Sablon, the oldest hotel in the heart of the town which currently has 20 rooms but with building consent to convert the hotel into a 4**** high end product with 43 rooms. A long term contract is signed with an independent operator.
More leisure investments are currently being considered.
- Vabeld invests in Turda – Romania
- Corona update
- Sale of German asset
- Opening Aparthotel in Liverpool!
- Two hotel acquisitions in Flanders.
- KFC opens first restaurant in Wallonia in Vabeld property
- Sale of Bucharest Industrial Park
- New lettings in Liverpool city center
- Vabeld creating serviced apartments above retail strip on Liverpool’s prime pitch
- H&M Flagship store for Liverpool on Lord Street
- More prime leisure locations in Antwerp and Bruges
- Ghent Veldstraat: Two hours of queueing for the opening event of Monki
- Continued expansion in Bucharest
- Ghent Veldstraat 60-62: Opening Monki Q2 2018
- Antwerp De Keyserlei 11: Opening Five Guys!
- Part of French portfolio on the market
- Acquisition in Rio de Janeiro
- Lord Street yet again
- Antwerp, De Keyserlei
- Vabeld in the english press
- Vabeld sales 2016
- New acquisition on Liverpool’s prime pitch
- Vabeld continues its Lord Street strategy
- Vabeld grows portfolio in Romania.
- Two new acquisitions in Belgium
- ‘ Green light ‘ for the redevelopment of the EuroShop site in Sint-Niklaas (Belgium).
- Vabeld in the Belgian press (Markt 5 , Bruges).
- Vabeld acquired New Barratt House in Liverpool.
- Vabeld acquired another rented property as well as a 56000 square meter land plot in Bucharest Industrial park in Q1 2016.
- Extension for Centurion Retail park in Doncaster
- JUTTU signs with VABELD in Roeselare
- New purchase in bucharest A1 Industrial Park
- Vabeld expands in Liverpool
- Entry in Romanian property market
- Vabeld completes third acquisition on Lord Street in just 2 years time
- Purchase Sloper building in Rio de Janeiro